UrbanDegeneration

Home / urbex

Oakamoor Sidings, Staffordshire, October 2012 (Revisit)

The sidings at Oakamoor are a relatively recent addition to the line’s history, and were first used as a siding to the quarry nearby. The sidings are currently used for storage as part of the Churnet Valley preserved Railway. When […]

Read More

Cellars Clough Mills, Marsden, October 2012

The woollen mill was owned by Samuel Firth of Gatehead in Marsden, and opened in 1888. He also owned Holme Mill. By the 60s, it was owned and run by Fisher, Firth & Co. which became Cellars Clough Woollen Mills […]

Read More

Langley Mill, Macclesfield, September 2012

Langley Mill, founded by William Smith in 1826, became the biggest silk printing, dyeing and finishing works in the world.  Langley Mill later went on to become Specialised Automobile Services, a specialist wire wheel manufacturer for classic and modern cars.

Read More

The Bus Graveyard, September 2012

Somewhere in the wilds, near Bolton there exists this field of old bus’.  There used to be many more, but overtime they have been stripped of parts and crushed, the few that remain are in a very poor condition.

Read More

Victoria Pavilions (Morecambe Winter Gardens), Morecambe December 2010 & April 2011

The Winter Gardens is a Grade II* listed building in Morecambe, Lancashire. Designed by architects Mangnall and Littlewood, with Frank Matcham as a consulting architect, it was originally built as the Victoria Pavilion Theatre in 1897 and was an extension […]

Read More

Commodore Lithographs / Houghton & Lappin, Liverpool, April 2011

After searching the web, there is not much around to document the exact history of these two business and this was all i was able to track down. Commodore Lithographs appear to have been a big player in the printing […]

Read More

John Tams Crown Works, Stock on Trent, April 2011

John Tams was born in 1837 in Longton, Stoke on Trent. He was apprenticed into the pottery trade and eventually went into partnership with William Lowe in 1865. The company was set up as Tams & Lowe and worked out […]

Read More

EC Pigments / Hempshaw Brook Brewery, Stockport, April 2011

EC Pigments was formed in July 2000 with the integration of European Colour (Pigments) Limited and Roma Color Inc. On Dec 29, 2006, EC Pigments USA merged with Magruder Color LLC, and they are now managed as a single entity. […]

Read More

St Margaret’s Residence, Religious Sisters of Charity, Rock Ferry, April 2011

The Religious Sisters of Charity are a Catholic religious congregation of women founded in Ireland in 1815 by Mary Aikenhead. They have been working in England since 1840, and in Scotland since 1948. We have worked in many different areas […]

Read More
error: Content is protected !!