The sidings at Oakamoor are a relatively recent addition to the line’s history, and were first used as a siding to the quarry nearby.

The sidings are currently used for storage as part of the Churnet Valley preserved Railway.

When the line was first opened in 1849 there were no sidings at Oakamoor. The line originally ran between North Rode and Uttoxeter, primarily for heavy freight in and around the numerous limestone quarries and copper works dotted around the area.