Dingle railway station was an underground station located on the Liverpool Overhead Railway (LOR), at the south end of Park Road, Dingle, Liverpool.
It was the only below ground station on the line. Trains accessed the station via a half mile underground tunnel, bored from the cliff face at Herculaneum Dock to Park Road. It is the last remaining part of the Overhead railway, with the surface entrance still standing and the former platform and track area in use as a garage called “Roscoe Engineering”.
The extension to Dingle was opened on 21 December 1896.
Dingle was the southern terminus of the railway. The original plans was for the tunnel to extend further inland with a few more stations when funds were available, which would have made Dingle station a through station rather than a terminus. The station was the location of a serious accident in December 1901, when an electrical fire resulted in the death of six people and the temporarily closure of the station for several months. Along with the rest of the Liverpool Overhead Railway, the station closed permanently on 30 December 1956.