UrbanDegeneration

Home / Reports

Kelvin Fenton Mill, Burnley, December 2015

Kelvin Fenton operated from these premises specializing in packaging, a distinct lack of information on this place exists.

Read More

Murphy’s Machinery Factory, Menston, November 2015

G.L Murphy Machinery Ltd. was an industrial parts manufacturer established in 1930. They were based in a mill named Imperial Works, on the rural outskirts of Menston in West Yorkshire. The company made tools, belt driven machinery, transmissions and electrical […]

Read More

Lluesty Hospital, Holywell, November 2015

Lluesty Hospital, located approximately 1km from the town centre, was constructed between 1838 and 1840, by Thomas Hughes of Liverpool. It was designed by John Welch, the architect of St. Asaph and Surveyor to the Guardians, and was originally built […]

Read More

RAF Church Fenton, Tadcaster, November 2015

First opened in 1937, RAF Church Fenton is the former home of the first American Eagle Squadrons and was formally regarded as one of the UK’s most important strategic airfields, offering rapid reaction fighter defence to the industrial cities of […]

Read More

St Pauls Church, Denholme, September 2015

St Pauls Church, grade II listed. Situated in Denholme near Bradford. The church was completed in 1846, designed in the early English style of architecture, comprising of a seven bay nave and lean to aisles, a Chancel and a vaulted […]

Read More

krutfabriken, Fredriksberg, Sweden, August 2015

The year was 1939 and Sweden’s preparations for war times were anything but good. They had a shortage of most of modern armaments, and moreover had a new world war erupted. Unable to rely solely on Bofors could deliver sufficient […]

Read More

Sheffield Various, July 2015

No history for any of these sites, as this was just a random last minute visit over the hills to the Steel City. Sites Visited included:- Record Marples Loxley Chapel Lower Bradfield Fliter House Thornseat Lodge

Read More

RAF Driffield, East Riding, July 2015

RAF Driffield opened in 1918, originally called RAF Eastburn, the RAF base closed in 1977 and was then turned over to the British Army for driver training and renamed Alamein Barracks. In 1992 the RAF again took over the site […]

Read More

Milford Mill, Derbyshire, July 2015

Milford was named for its river-crossing, on an ancient route from Derby to the Peak district. The power of the Derwent was used from medieval times to run a corn-mill, dying and fulling mills, and iron and scythe forges. Jedediah […]

Read More
error: Content is protected !!